Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Jay_G24, thank you for your efforts in troubleshooting this problem.  Unfortunately, none of the proposed solutions have worked for me.  And when I click the link you provided to reach out to HP Support, it also fails, stating the following error message: 

We were unable to validate the serial number and add this product to your profile. Please visit your dashboard to add the product at another time. The contact options listed below are still valid.

I know I entered the correct serial number because I copied it from my printer's web page and pasted it into the HP web page.  And the HP web page does not list any contact options (despite the reference to the "contact options listed below").  So I feel like I've hit a wall here.  Is there any phone number or chat option that I can contact for further assistance?  Anything else I can do to reconnect my scanner? 

Thanks for your input.

HP Recommended

@brad2021,

May I know where are you located, which country?

Let me know!

HP Recommended

Hi Jay:  I'm in the US.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

I have shared the contact information in a private message to reach the phone support team.

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

Hi Brad2021,

I wanted to let you know that your issue is common among a lot of my customers, and HP claims to be working to resolve this. 

In interim, I have found this other post to have found a work-around regarding the Monterey OS/HP Driver issues.

I hope this helps!

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Setup-Software-Drivers/Hp-printer-driver-for-Macos-Monterey-12...

I am not an HP employee. I deal with HP product re-salers as an IT support rep, and I aim to assist users experiencing software/connectivity related printing issues.
HP Recommended

@Jay_G24 I am having the same issue as all the other users. I've tried going to HP support but it says my device is out of warranty. This is not a Device issue, this is an issue with HP s SOFTWARE. They aren't supporting the latest Operating Systems. All I can do is chat with a virtual agent and even the virtual agent is useless. 

Screenshot of Virtual Agent Chat 

Can you open a ticket, please? 

HP Recommended

I found a solution to fixing my driver issues with HP EASY SCAN not recognizing my scanner inside of my printer/scanner device.

The solution for me came from this HP Support Thread

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Setup-Software-Drivers/Hp-printer-driver-for-Macos-Monterey-12...

1. Download the HP Drivers from Apple --> https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?locale=en_US

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 4.30.28 PM.png

2. Open the "HewlettPackardPrinterDrivers.DMG" File and run the installer

3. When you're done Open System Preference-->Printers & Scanners

4.  As you can see I have a device but the SCAN option isn't showing. DELETE your EXISTING printer/SCANNER

5. and press the "+" or "Add" button

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 4.33.03 PM.png

6. Click to select your printer/scanner from the top. 

7. Click "USE" to open the dropdown menu highlight "SELECT SOFTWAREScreen Shot 2022-02-02 at 4.35.27 PM.png

8. Use the Search box and type in your printer model, and press okayScreen Shot 2022-02-02 at 4.38.52 PM.png

9. Click and select your model, then press "ADD"Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 4.40.20 PM.png

10. When you're done, you should now see the option to "SCAN". If you do then you've done it right! If you don't see it then you will have to repeat it until you have the correct printer/scanner driver selected

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 4.44.02 PM.png

11. Open HP EASY SCAN

12. At the top from SCANNER DROPDOWN MENU: select "BROWSE SCANNER"

13. Choose your scanner and press continue. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 4.58.13 PM.png

Now your easy scan should be working!

HP Recommended

Thank you for providing this easy to understand and follow solution. Unfortunately I am not able to locate my model number listed under step 8. My model is: Color Laserjet Pro MFP M182nw, it is not on the list! - What now?

HP Recommended

Hi Yoriel - I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 and I upgraded my MacPro to Monterey. It will print fine, but I cannot get the printer to recognize my computer and scan from the computer. I can scan from the HP App for my printer. Need help!

Thanks in advance.

Marcy P

HP Recommended

I am currently on Monterey 12.3 I am unable to scan more than one page any longer... UPDATE THE SOFTWARE HP.. you are costing my business money!!! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.