Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8715
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Hello

I have been trying to set up the scan to email function on my new printer with no luck.

Currently the printer can scan to my computer, but not to email.

I have entered the following info on the embedded web server page:

Default From: xxxx@hotmail.com

Default Display Name: xxxx

SMTP Server: smtp.live.com

SMTP Port: 25

Always Use secure connection SSL/TLS (checked)

Validate Server Certificate (checked)

Maximum Size of Email: Unlimited

Server Requires Authentification (checked)

User name xxxx@hotmail.com

Password: hotmail account password

I enter a different email address to scan and test and I get an error message saying

"The printer is unable to connect to the remote destination. Check your configurations and try again"

I tried entering SMTP Port 465 and got the same error message

Please help!!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try setting as following and let me know the resutls:

SMTP Server: smtp-mail.outlook.com

SMTP Port: 587

Validate Server Certificate (UnChecked)

If you experience any difficulties using this configuration, please let me know the exact error provided as a result of the configuration test.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try setting as following and let me know the resutls:

SMTP Server: smtp-mail.outlook.com

SMTP Port: 587

Validate Server Certificate (UnChecked)

If you experience any difficulties using this configuration, please let me know the exact error provided as a result of the configuration test.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I have the HP 8710 scanning is working fine, but when I scan as a PDF then go to share for a email the email is not going through to the person.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I have several email accounts but this is my primary account. Do you suggest I reinstall my email address or do I need to use my msn account. If I do can you tell me how to do iy.

Thanks!

addisonrms

HP Recommended

I have tried absolutely everything to get the scan to email function to work properly on my mac. I've change the SMTP settings numberous times, added a special password for gmail to connect. I've gotten errors such as "printer is unable to validate the server’s security certificate", "Can not connect to Server, try again later", and "log in and password incorrect". I'm at a loss.

HP Recommended

I used the exact steps and it still came up saying "Cannot resolve the SMTP server. Check the SMTP and DNS server settings with your system administrator or Internet Service Provider."

Other advice?

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have HP Officejet pro 8600, I followed the instuction to setup the 'From' outgoing email profile but I still get credential error when I tested out using 'Save and Test" option.

I am running window 10.

I can confirm my user and password is correct because I tested this out by logging into outlook manually few times today via https://outlook.live.com/owa/ .

See below setup and error:

HP Officejet Pro 8600 error1.png

HP error.png

HP Recommended

The mail server didnt work, but here's what did:   smtp.outlook.com. on port 587

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.