Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I take it all back. I have tried all the steps in all the posts, and the Laserjet Pro M1217 simply will NOT scan with Sierra. And Vue Scan does not work with this printer/scanner for Mac OS.

Total bummer and no  more HPs for me.

HP Recommended

I'm pretty frustrated also.  Looking for a new printer/scanner as I type this.

Have you tried scanning to email... if that option is available for you?  It is a royal pain, but it did work for me.  

HP Recommended

Well folks~ 

I gave up, trashed the HP and purchased a Canon Pixama MX922.   Wow!  This printer really outperforms the HP and has more bells and whistles...plus, the ink doesn't bankrup me. It works with Sierra with no issues.  

I have long been an HP Fan, but with the lack of suppport and faulty products, I can no longer support HP.  Canon is exceptional and the Printer I got does it all, better than the HP ever did. 

Sorry HP, but you lost me.

HP Recommended

Thanks SO much for the Canon Pixama MX922 recommendation!  

HP Recommended

Using Hp6835, Mac 10.12.4,

iMac13,2

Here is where I stand:

-HPscan has partial functionality

-Can't save pdf file to local drive. (Save dialog comes up but save option remains greyed out)

-Standard scan edit seems to be functional

-Can scan, select the print option and then the save as pdf file (Using the printer dialog).

-Since there is no save of pdf without going to the printer dialog the OCR application is not avaiable (verydisappointing)

-intitiating scan from the printer control panel not available (veryinconvenient)

-Sad about HP...Seems like they don't have the resources availble to support the Mac!

-Is this where the forum ended up?

HP Recommended

The worst of it is throwing away a perfectly good printer.  What a waste.

HP Recommended

HP Easy Scan didn't work for me.  So I reinstalled the old HP Mavericks dmg file I still had on my computer.  Unlike Easy Scan, it provided a list of printers that include the scanner.  The HP LaserJet 200 colorMFP M276nw I needed was in that list.  You can use the Print/Scan buttons at the top of the Settings/Printers & Scanner.  The window it opens to scan is basic, but operates the same backward way as the HP Easy Scan.  Installing HP Easy Scan AFTER REINSTALLING THE OLD DRIVER provides an icon and an app that saves scanned files where you want them.  Only complaint is the counterintuitive steps required to name and place the file in the folder of choice.  But it does reduce the number of clicks to start the scanner.  

Bottom line, don't remove the old HP drivers/app before installing HP Easy Scan, and be prepared for a different way to save pdf files.

HP Recommended

I have a HP Photomart D110. Upon updating to Sierra I lost connection from my IMac to the scanner. Printer works fine. Following FretnBoutNutn's advise I went to Apple´s Image Capture, where the printer was shown but not the scanner feature. Upon pressing SCAN a pop up window led me to install something that enabled me to scan from Image Capture, which solved the problem. Scanned images go directly to Pictures Folder. BUT that doesn´t mean that I can access the original scanning menu of the printer which has a lot more options than the Image Capture. So I am still pending of solving this part. It´s weird because I use to have the same Sierra system update and everything was fine but after reinstalling Sierra after a computer crash something happened and I started to have this problem. I can´t figure out why the computer would identify the printer but not the scanner if it´s in the same apparatus. Thank you for the help, at least I can now scan.

HP Recommended

Sad news...I moved onto Epson.  I finally had accepted the lack of supprt offered by HP for the MacOs (scan issue)  but the final straw was my third machine (6800 series)  with "print head failure" within a 2.5 year period.  The scan features of the Epson look more limited than the Hpscan tool but it seems to work...We'll see how this goes.

HP Recommended

Gents I also experience a connection issue. Bizzarley two weeks ago I was happily wirlessly printing and scanning from the unit (HP OfficeJet 6600) to my Macbook Air OS10.12 Sierra.

A problem with My wireless hub was the hinge point I had an engineer visit who replaced the Hub to a Hub.3 I then had another problem as a 2G & 5G output were being shown as the same network. Consulted Virgin Media and they remotley fixed that. So I can now prove that both MBAir and OJ6600 are on the same network.

The next issue is that  whilst they are on the same network they aren't fully talking to each other.

I had an HP Tech remote in on my MBAir and he concluded that the relevant drivers arent being picked up by Bonjour.

I so hate it when the tell me that it obsolete and n longer supported - Why waste a perfectly good device as I keep saying it was working two weeks ago very efficielty, reliably and consistenlty. 

So Fing frustrated! Its a waste of resources to bin a product for no valid reason. 

So we need to takle HP and Apple to get this sorted! Anyone with me?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.