Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the post.   Agreed, not ideal.   No need to beat this ubject to death, but it's amazing that a big company like HP would let this slide.

HP Recommended

Yes, I have the same problem of the message popping up for no rhyme or reason.  Why doesn't hp find out why the programing is doing that?  Then give us a real fix.  I'm wondering if there are other drivers remaining that interfere...you know from prior HP or other printers.  The message doesn't say which printer or even the make.... smh   Fix the message to be more informative and we might get somewhere.  

HP Recommended

Microsoft has the same shortfall.   They leave major problems unfixed as if their support team has gone home or has moved to a non english speaking office.   It's similar to installing a brand new beautiful lawn and then never watering nor mowing it.

HP Recommended

I have a screenshot of the message I get and all the HP apps on my computer...a full page...some are a lot older.  I see a link for photos but not a link to insert a word file.  smh.  

HP Recommended

hp-1.jpghp-3.jpghp-2.jpg

HP Recommended

Consider / Try a method to disable the message and / or the activation of the scan-to-computer feature.

Method - Switch off Selected Notifications (Windows 10)

Settings > System > Notifications and actions > 

Under Notifications 

Switch ON Get notifications from apps and other senders (allow editing of the list)

:Arrow_Right:  Scroll down to the list of "apps" > switch on / off each application

Example / Optional:

Switch OFF Show me the Windows Welcome experience...

Switch OFF Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows 

Reference (more complete list of "Stop the Onslaught" messages)

new install of HP Envy 5055 produces annoying popups EVERY TIME I print! I cannot stop them

Reference (Dragon Document)

Dragon Document – Collection of Help, suggestions, video links, and examples:

Install Full Feature Software - Printer

Topic: 

Scan to Computer

Subjects include:

• Scan to Computer Message (Control the annoying ever-so-helpful pop-up)
  • Scan to Computer – Enable
  • ScanToPCActivationApp Stuck on screen
  • ScanToPCActivationApp Shortcut

Topic:

Notifications – Stop the Onslaught

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip but already seen that.  All that would do is prevent notifications..not something I want.  I don't want to hide a problem, I want a permanent fix that won't prevent other notifications.  I posted pics of all the different hp "apps" with different dates.  Seems like an HP person would be able to discern which ones might be unnecessary at the worst or even interfering at the best.   I hope one will take a look at the pics.

HP Recommended

OK.

You are welcome.

In general, the Notification settings are controlled by both the application (what the program says to do) and Windows (what the Operating System says to do).   Where the individual program fails to provide notification control for messages / pop-ups, Windows 10 provides a means of enabling / disabling messages on the application level.

HP provides an Administrative role on the forum.

Good Luck.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

So this is were it ends? To live with the pop-ups? - Making me crazy, too. 

HP Recommended

Apparent, this IS where it ends with an HP bug that causes annoyance and no effort by HP to intervene and correct the bug. So be it.  These devices only last so long and HP is not the only game in town...next time around choose wisely based on experience.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.