Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Keep us posted. At this moment I have to connect the Omen + Keyboard + Mouse every time I plug the omen in.. I'm also experiencing problems with black screen...

HP Recommended

Hello HP-Support,

I got here since I experience exactly the same USB disconnect / reconnect problems. My configuration:

HP Spectre x360, 13", Windows 10

HP Omen Accelerator GA1-10

Nvidia GTX-1060

USB: Mouse, Keyboard, Sound

All drivers/bios are up to date.

As soon as I start any game all USB devices at the Omen get disconnected.

As a workaround I connected all periphals to a HooToo-USB-C hub and connected that HUB to the Omen USB-C port. Using this configuration the disconnects occur less often, but still occur.

At the moment I need to connect the Omen as well as the USB-C hub directly to my spectre to prevent the USB-disconnects. Thus all the available USB-ports at the Omen are of no use.

It would be nice to have any feedback from HP regarding this Omen USB disconnect / connect behavior under any application that uses the graphic card on more than desktop level ...

I will be happy to provide any information you might need in order to get a solution to this ..

HP Recommended

I'm here for the same reason everyone else is, it appears:

usb peripherals flickering and losing power intermittently when connected to the omen accelerator (aka hp ga1-10-accelerator - sexy name btw, lol).

This flickering happens to me both when in game, and when just looking at the desktop. Thus, I'm pretty confident it's not related to excessive data transfer maxing out the line. I've found that rebooting or disconnecting the thunderbolt3 cable and connecting it again provides temporary relief, but the symptoms have historically always returned. Here's my setup:

hp spectre x360 15" 2017 laptop

- windows 10 pro (upgraded from home it came with)

- freshly updated bios (done today, no idea what the version numbers were, they didn't show)

hp omen accelerator (obviously)

- I think I'm on firmeware version 0126, more on that below

- connected to two of the omen's usb-a ports are an hp omen wired usb keyboard 1100 and a logitech g9 laser mouse

- I've also got a gigabit ethernet cable connected to the accelerator

- I've got an evga nvidia geforce gtx 1080 ti inside

- this whole thing is plugged directly into the wall, and connected to the laptop from the provided thunderbolt 3 cable, and nothing else is connected to it.

Today I downloaded all the latest drivers for my specific laptop and manually installed them, from here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-15-bl000-x360-convertible-pc/13823372/mo...

and then I downloaded all the latest omen accelerator drivers and manually installed them, from here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-by-hp-ga1-1000-accelerator-shell/15776606

When running the omen firmeware update utility, it shows that I'm on version 0104 initially, then it says I'm on 0126, a progress bar goes across, and then an update button appears shortly before the screen closes itself, like it's crashing or something, not sure. Here's what that looks like: https://www.screencast.com/t/BcvqUlUNo3XV

HP Recommended

I’m now also getting i the issue where the LAN port is recognised as a CD-ROM

Anyone know a fix?

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Just jumping on the band wagon. Hopefully the more peeps the quicker HP will come back to us with a solution 🙂

Setup

HP Spectre 13 v105-na model i7 7500U,  256gb, 8gb Ram

HP Omen Accelerator

MSI 1070 ti card

Unable to use mouse when connected to Acc Shell - alot of stuttering - however Laptop Mouse Pad works fine and have ordered a USB HUB to connect to laptop to see if this works.  Unacceptable that i have to do this - even as a workaround (if it works).

Would like HP to give us a solution please??

Regards

HP Recommended
UPDATE: I spoke to support, made them aware of this thread, my temp solution is to use a separate usb-c hub for muly mouse/keyboard/Ethernet/headset peripherals and not use any of the accelerator's ports we wait on HP to weigh in, in a more official capacity on here (you're watching now, right HP?).

The support person I spoke with also spoke to his colleagues and came back with the suggestion that perhaps the power draw was too high for the omen accelerator. I responded that while I do have a higher end graphics card (the evga GTX 1080 ti sc), I also confirmed that its peak power draw was 300 watts, versus the power supply that's in the omen accelerator which is rated for 500w. So, I'm not convinced that's the issue, but it's easy to test - I'll try connecting a higher wattage power supply and report back my findings.

In the meantime - while investigating this, I stumbled on a possible showstopper of an issue with the Spectre x360 late 2017 model's thunderbolt port - it's supposed to be running in PCIe x4 mode (aka GT4 OPI mode), which should be capable of ~2500mbps I believe, but according to the cuda-z app, it's actually doing only half that (~1200mbps), implying that it's actually only running in PCIe x2 mode (aka GT2 OPI mode). From what I could find on the internet the only solution to this is a bios update that will have to come from HP since the BIOS in the Spectre X-360 is hilariously lacking in configurability, and thus, there's no switch to force the thunderbolt port into X4 mode. I read that there was a unofficial bios update that does enable X4 mode but has the side effect of causing the x360's system fan to run permanently, but I couldn't find that so I couldn't try it. Either way, I'll be reaching out to support about that too, and I don't get a satisfactory answer, I'll likely be returning the Spectre, sadly.
HP Recommended

I had the same issue, but i found out what caused the lag from the ports of the accelerator.

Every time I launched a program from my external ssd that i plugged in to the usb-c port of the accelerator al of the other devices began to stutter, but when I launched a program from my internal ssd there was no lag.

So I guess this is a case of to much data transfer for the ports of the omen accelerator.

Please let me know if this is the case by you guys aswell.

Mike

HP Recommended

I haven't been experiencing the same (regarding internal/external ssd) as I have almost no data on the external ssd at the moment. That said, the lagging does seem to coincide with the resource (bandwith maybe?) for me. Heavier applications (like games via external gfx) are causing the lagging/stuttering more serious.

HP Recommended

It has been very quiet around this issue/thread since a while. Is there any ongoing process?

May we have a statement from HP regarding this issue that affects multiple customers?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.