Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

just another affected user chimming in here, bought the Spectre x360 (late 2017 model/8550U) along with the OMEN Accelorator last week, immediatly encountered this issue.

I'll give HP support a call later to keep the pressure on for that new firmware.

HP Recommended

Same thing, same issues. Massive USB lag issues to the point where even mouse/keyboard use is impossible.

Spectre x360 (2018), not even using the ethernet port in the shell. GTX1060 graphics and a 2.5" HD in the case. Moving my USB hub from the shell to the laptop cures all the issues, but I really was hoping for this to be a one-plug and go solution since I switch constantly from desk to road. 

Hopefully HP is checking in on this thread...

--Zax

HP Recommended

Why is this issue still a thing?

HP - please fix this. I just purchased the OMEN and I'm tempted to return the unit because my mouse has micro-freezes or stutters randomly when playing. I even read that this was a problem before I purchased the unit and made the assumption it would be fixed considering this has been out for over a _year_ now.

Get some attention on this issue! I am a first time HP customer and so far not very impressed.

HP Recommended

Last week I had a long conversation with a german employee of HP and afterwards I sent them a video of the usb-lags and logfiles of my machine (Razer Blade Stealth 2017).

He will now forward this to the devs, hopefully it helps fixing the issue.

I think it would be the best if you all would do the same, as he also told me that this forum is not an official-support-forum where the supporters reply regulary.

HP Recommended

HP support is sending out a new Accelerator Shell for me after I called them and told them about the problems. Obviously we all know it won't fix a thing. 

I tried the USB hub as well, and also had the same results by the way.

--Zax

HP Recommended

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd report back that I've continued attempting to troubleshoot my HP Omen Accelerator's usb disconnections, ethernet issues, and inability to update firmware since I purchased it in late 2017, and nothing has changed. Here's a screencast recording of my failing firmware update process:

https://www.screencast.com/t/XcpN9l6Yg

Also thought you'd like to know that I've been in contact with the HP Omen support team on and off since last year, and I expect someone from the HP Omen support team to actually be in here reading this thread in the next few days. So, hopefully their eyes on the sheer volume of people reporting the issues plus the detail we've all provided will help with visibility into these issues for the Omen team, eventually resulting in some actual progress. I'll be talking with Jonah from the OMEN Support team next Tuesday, so I'll update on what he says then.

In the meantime, good luck to all of you.

HP Recommended

Any news on this?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately no news from my end - got the replacement shell, obviously same issue, so just some wasted time moving the HDD and the graphics card. Same exact issues. I am just a little surprised that no one at HP (at least in the US) seems to acknowledge the problem.

--Zax

HP Recommended

We are trying so solve this issue in the german board too.

https://h30492.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-HP-OMEN-Serie/HP-Spectre-x360-HP-Accelerator-Shell-USB-Ger%C3%A...

I'm in contact with support too. Let you know any news that might come up.

HP Recommended

Hi all, I've been dealing with the same problem since I purchased Omen accelerator (1060, 3gb) in May. I got it to work last weekend after months of troubleshooting. Just wanted to share my experience hoping it will help fellow egpu users.

Setup:
EGPU: Omen accelerator 1060 3Gb, 1Tb HDD.
Notebook: Spectre 13 af010tu (2017).
Keyboard: Ducky Pbt mechanical keyboard.
Mouse: Logitech G502 mouse.

Solution: BIOS update (F.21, July 2018). Change mouse polling rate to 500. Change keyboard polling rate to 500 if possible. Newer thunderbolt software/driver came with newer version of pre-installed windows 10 version 1803 (newer than the one listed on Hp Omen Accelerator installation guide page).

Long story...

I have experienced input lags from both mouse and keyboard on egpu usb hub. I started troubleshooting Omen accelerator with HP for a few weeks but only to realise I can not reproduce the input lag issue on my 2016 Macbook Pro (partly due to nvidia graphic card doesn't work for mac?).

In total I tried 3 hp spectre notebooks (same model) during my troubleshooting as I was pretty sure the problem is more notebook-specific. I've reinstalled windows more than 10 times, drivers and bios update, HP even came out and changed my notebook's motherboard at one point, nothing really worked in the first month. Things started to work with my replacement notebook in July when the new BIOS was released. I had to return the notebook because there was obvious cosmetic flaws. The third notebook I received in September came with Windows 10 version 1803 as stock. This notebook has newer thunderbolt software than the ones I installed from Hp accelerator installation guide.

With the new notebook, first setup I tried is bypassing the usb hub on egpu and connect my mouse/keyboard/hdmi on USB-C hub (Anker 5-in-1 Premium USB C Data Hub) via the 2nd usbc port. This is what most people do when usb hub on egpu doesn't work properly. With HDMI coming from usb-c, the fps is roughly half (200 vs 100 on LoL) but everything else works.
I then proceed to move the connections to egpu one by one. HDMI was fine but input lag from my mouse appeared again. I tried changing my mouse DPI from 11000 to 5000, it was slightly better but still lags. Then I saw the polling rate setting and decided to change that from 1000 to 500. The lag stopped and the mouse worked perfectly.
My keyboard also has 1000Hz polling rate and it still lags on egpu usb hub. I've ordered another keyboard with variable polling rate and hopefully it will fix the issue too.

TBC..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.