Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

i CHANGED THE INK ALL CARTRIDGES - THE ALLIGNMENT FAILS AND IT WON'T PRINT IN COLOR.  iT DOES PRINT IN BLACK 

HP Recommended

Hi community,

I understand the printer is not printing in color. Let's try some steps to help you.

✔️ First, check if your drivers working fine: Software and Driver Downloads

✔️ Make sure you have tried the steps mentioned in this document - Black Ink Not Printing and Other Print Quality Issues

✔️Clean the color ink cartridge up to 2 times and print a test page to check the result.

🛑 If the issue persists, I'm afraid this is a hardware issue. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options.

Thanks,

Agatha
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Help please. Can't get my HP to print in colour. Have checked state of cartridges using  the various print quality diagnostic checks and all seems to be OK from printer side of things. No problem printing documents in black and white. 

HP Recommended

I HAVE SAME PROBLEM. 

HP Recommended

Hello LouAnn2,

If you have already tried the steps mentioned in the earlier posts and issue persists, then try the below steps...

Since you did not mention the printer name you own, i will be using "HP Office Jet 3830" as an example

Kindly try the below steps that should resolve the issue..
If printer is connected using Wireless perform the below steps.
goto Control Panel > Devices and Printer > Add a Printer.
in the window displayed, select "Add a printer using TCP/IP address or hostname" and then click NEXT
Select "Create a new port - "Standard TCP/IP port" and then click NEXT
Now type in the printer's IP address under "Hostname or IP address" box, then click on the NEXT button. "Detecting TCP/IP" would start.
After which click the NEXT button and then in the next window under "Manufacturer" select HP, and then from right pane, select " HP Office Jet 3830" and click NEXT.
And then follow the on screen instructions to complete the process.
Now open the document you want to print, under PRINT drop-down select the printer that was installed using the above steps. And now click the PRINT button to start to print

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

grayscale prints but no color and I just put a new cartridge in

HP Recommended

Thank You!  Worked on this problem on and off for a couple weeks. Decided to google and found your solution!  Thanks Again.!!!!!

You should be on the HP help desk where there is a human to talk to.  

HP Recommended

Hello Yuch, 

I am glad to read that the steps provided helped you in fixing the issue.

Kindly mark the post as "Accepted Solution" so that anyone experiencing the issue can have confidence in trying the proposed steps.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Accepted solution 

HP Recommended

Is there a dedicated driver for a color printer vs. a black and white only printer?  I have a color printer and it used to  print in color.  Now "color" is not an option... only grayscale and monochrome. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.