Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 7855
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, recently bought a HP envy 7855 and installed HP smart. Printer is identified and seems to have been properly installed, however, when I try to scan or print a picture from the HP Smart software, I have to connect with an HP Smart account, which I already created, after logging on, it stays jammed on ''Thanks for waiting (Merci d'avoir patienté)'', even if I leave it on for multiple minutes, even hours. Please help, as I can't use any of the HP smart functions now

33 REPLIES 33
HP Recommended

@Lguig, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I'd suggest you uninstall the HP Smart App and reinstall it-

Uninstall the app from your Windows 10 device through the All Apps list.

1. In Windows, search for and open Apps & features.

Searching for Apps & features

2. Click HP Smart in the list of apps, and then click Uninstall.

Uninstalling HP Smart app

Refer to the document HP Printers - Install and Use the HP Smart App for additional help.

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@SCCORP, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below: 

1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2) Select your HP Printer 

3) Select Uninstall 

4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 

6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 

7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”

😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab 

9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10) Select Ok 

11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12) Close Devices and Printers.

Use this link to download and install the new driver. Configure the printer and try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i have a hp chromebook and bought hp smart printer. i was forced to do an update on the printer app and now i am stuck on 'thank you for waiting' page for the last 48 hours? ive uninstalled the app and made a new account nothing has changed. can you please help? ive important work to print seriously unreliable 

HP Recommended

@clodagh2001

This requires remote assistance.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further course of action.

Hope this helps!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
  • I have an HP Envy 7855 it stays stuck on thanks for waiting as 
  • Lguing indicated.  What should I do?  It has worked in the past.
  •  
HP Recommended

I Have the same issue and have followed all steps and nothing is working 

Running windows 10

HP Recommended

Same problem here. Tried reinstalling software and printer drivers. On mac OS Big Sur. Please make signing in optional, this is ridiculous.

HP Recommended

@cat1231

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Which Printer do you have?

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i have the same issue. I agree it's simply ridiculous that to use my printer i'm forced to login. it's a good reason to swap the printer if not urgently fixed. Anyway i discovered that it's also related to the Internet provider you use. I was able to manage the login connecting my Mac trough the mobile phone connection and the i swapped back to my home internet connection. Probably something related the the ports used in the login process.  Anyway this is really bad!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.