Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-13-2021 04:36 PM
I cannot open the HP solution center icon after uninstalling flash player. What is the solution to this since flash player is no longer available?
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-13-2021 05:03 PM - edited 01-15-2021 10:42 AM
Edits - Content Update
First, the main issue - Solution Center is based on Flash.
Flash is gone and is never coming back.
The GUI that opens the main Solution Center software menu depended on Flash.
Welcome to the HP Community.
Reminder to those reading:
Do NOT respond to individuals who post phone numbers or email addresses.
These might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.
HP does not post phone numbers or email in Community messages.
Flash Player is permanently disabled as of 12-Jan-2021.
The HP Solution center software is based on Flash:
Some of the possible solutions for Scan...
The old Solution Center Scan software is located in "Digital Imaging"
C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\
Double-Click on File name / executable: hpiscnapp.exe
- Microsoft Store (formally Windows Store) - Requires Windows 8 or higher
- Download-Save-Install HP Scan and Capture
Nice features and worth a try...
- Download-Save-Install >HP Scan Extended
- HPSE is a subset an older Full Feature Software suite.
- HPSE features are very similar to the HP Scan Software released after 2015.
- Although HPSE appears to be a separate software, HPSE is dependent on the infrastructure provided by the Full Feature Software. The Full Feature Software for your printer should be installed before installing and using HPSE.
- OPTIONAL: Add HP Scan Extended shortcut to Taskbar / Send to Desktop / Pin to Start
- Open File Explorer > Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Scan Extended\bin
- Right-Click HPScan.exe > Select Pin to Taskbar
- Right-Click HPScan.exe > Select Send to Desktop (Create a Shortcut)
- Right-Click HPScan.exe > Select Pin to Start
- HP Scan Extended features include (and are not limited to): Single, Multiple scans, Image and PDF scans, Email as PDF / JPEG, Source selection, Page Size choices include Auto-Detect (extracts image / document boundary). Might include OCR (Save as Editable Text).
NOTE: Setup is similar for both Image / PDF scanning
Some options are model dependent.
Be sure to check / adjust the settings in More >
Irfanviewprovides an exceptional software experience that can be used for a variety of scan and print tasks, including the “Mirror” or horizontal flip function plus several other options not found elsewhere.
- Create a Restore Point (optional, recommended)
- Download the appropriate version (32bit or 64bit) of the program from theWebsiteand install the program
- Additional information at the website, including: FAQ
Once installed, open the software > tabHelp
Example help entry:
Irfanview can be used for printing images / photos.
Example - Simple Print
Thank you for participating in the HP Community.
The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..
Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.
Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.
Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .
01-23-2021 01:28 PM
Since the features of HP Soulution Center are many it has left current users without a window to their ink levels, scanning, and more. This is unacceptablel since the issue should of been conveyed to current customers ahead of the end of life for flash. Additionallly, HP should of been able to have a resolution for this since HP makes their money from the ink, if I have to purchase anouther printer to get features that HP Solution Center had I can tell you it will not be an HP printer. and that goes for my personal printer at home, my business printers, and my client printers. I realize this is a forum, but HP needs to address this or they will be taking a big hit in revenue. I am a retired Chief Informaiton Officer from Fortune 50 and this is not good PR for HP. I am not buying the fact that HP didn't konw that flash was being retired and that they had many printeres out in the field that wre going to be effected. Enrique Lores needs to hear from enough customers and he'll get the hit quickly that revenue will take a hit and effect the stock price!
01-31-2021 06:40 AM - edited 01-31-2021 06:45 AM
Please how can I do the following with a j4680 Inkjet:
- check ink levels
- clean printer
- manage printer
- do everything I did with HP Solution Center
- not just scanning, but all the rest
now that Adobe Flash and HP Solution Center are dead?
(I would have expected a more proactive action from HP.)
02-11-2021 11:15 AM - edited 02-11-2021 11:17 AM
Change your computer date back to before the January 2021update, I use 1/2/2021 personally and you can use HP Solution Center as before and when done set your date back to the exact date. Is this bastordized yes but it works!
02-19-2021 09:09 PM
Try the following works great - I just used it and create a shortcut on my desktop.
RunAsDate v1.37 - Run a program with the specified date/time
Copyright (c) 2007 - 2019 Nir Sofer
RunAsDate is a small utility that allows you to run a program in the date and time that you specify. This utility doesn't change the current system date and time of your computer, but it only injects the date/time that you specify into the desired application.
You can run multiple applications simultaneously, each application works with different date and time, while the real date/time of your system continues to run normally.