Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Officerjet 4635
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer has been working fine then suddenly, the other day it stopped connecting to the wifi without any warning and I can not figure out how to reconnect.  There have been no password changes, the router is the same one I've had for a few years and there are no other issues on the network (in fact, another HP printer/different model on the same network is working fine).  I did all the recommended troubleshooting (restarting printer, restarting computer, restarting router), I tried changing the printer to factory settings and reentering the wi-fi passcode and still can not get rid of the this blinking blue light.  It says to check the MAC settings on the the router however, when I did the router said that the setting is disabled so that should not be causing the issue.  I have also double checked to make sure there were no driver updates that I missed but there aren't.  Why can't I connect?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying , 

Try below suggestion and let me know if that helps:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/Having-problems-connecting-an-HP-printer-to-a-...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@molly924

Welcome to the HP support community.

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

What router do you have? may you use Verizon FIOS by any chance?

HP Recommended

What was the solution and did it work?

HP Recommended

Yes, it's a Verizon fios router.

HP Recommended

Still don't have a solution

HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying , 

Try below suggestion and let me know if that helps:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/Having-problems-connecting-an-HP-printer-to-a-...

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Disabling the Self-organizing network did the trick!  Thank you so much!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.