Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp officejet pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Here we go again.....

My last post with the same problem  last post Feb 2020 

I have a genuine black ink cartridge and getting "cartridge problem" error. Any new solutions on this i have tried all the previous advised without resolving the problem.....

How frustrating is this  !!!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Dear HP , any new suggestions ? this is a recurring issue with your printers, surely the HP technical brains trust must have a solution.

Maybe the solution is to "retire" the printer after recently paying 80 euros for new HP inks. I am being sarcastic of course but if there is no solution please let me know and i suppose i will need to cut my losses and invest in a new printer ("of course not a HP printer") .

HP Recommended

@Asterv Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting a black cartridge is missing.

Please let us know are you able to make the black photocopy.

Please print a Print Quality Diagnostic Page

Print a Print Quality Diagnostics Page to evaluate the print quality. You can use this information to help to troubleshoot print quality issues such as broken lines, faded or missing colors, and streaks.

1. Load plain white paper into the tray.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to scroll to Setup, and then touch the Setup icon . The Setup menu displays.

3. Swipe the display to scroll to Reports, and then touch Reports.

4. Touch Print Quality Report. The printer prints the report.

Use an automated tool to align the printhead

If the lines in Test Pattern 1 are not straight and connected, align the printhead from the printer control panel to troubleshoot the issue, and then try to print again.

1. Load plain white paper into the tray.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to scroll to Setup, and then touch the Setup icon . The Setup menu displays.

3. Swipe the display to scroll to Printer Maintenance, and then touch Printer Maintenance.

4. Touch Align Printhead.

5. After the printer prints the alignment page, touch OK, and then recycle or discard the alignment page.

6. Try to print.

Please refer to the below link as well.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04293533

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

i cant print  anything when i turn on the printer i get the  black ink cartridge missing or damaged error ....

HP Recommended

@Asterv

This looks like a hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As you can understand the printer is out of warranty and more likely than not will cost more to fix  than to keep. So in other words should I  retire the printer as another unhappy HP printer customer  and will purchase a new printer (not HP of course !) Please add me to your list of lost HP customers my customer journey has been awful , i have wasted so much money on HP inks and fatigued by the frustration, HP  will not get anymore of my  money. Power to the consumer/ customer !

Customer/Consumer lives matter !!!   

HP Recommended

@Asterv

We shall escalate this issue to the concerned team.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear HP community, I have resolved the issues above by ordering a new NON HP printer. There is no real solution to this problem I and others have reported.My  HP printer and expensive HP inks are heading for the  recycling bin and hopefully be reborn as something more useful.  I also farewell the community,  as I will not be buying a HP product in the future.  Goodbye and good luck  and remember 

Power to the consumer/ customer !

Customer/Consumer lives matter !!! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.