Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I know exactly how to handle this situation since HP wants to restrain its consumers trade . . . I do not have to do a class action lawsuit to get remedy. I do not have to purchase HP ink cartridges to get remedy either. I am simply going straight to the IRS and file out a tax form for damages for $250,000 on the IRS Form for restraining my trade in commerce. I'm done with HP Products.

HP Recommended

Allow me to fix my printer and use non-HP toners or lose me as a customer.

HP Recommended

This would be great, but HP in their desire to lose customers apparently removed it.

HP Recommended

It took me 72 hours to finally downgrade the previous version which I finally got straight and immediately afterwards turned off my upgrade. HP will be getting an invoice from me for services rendered. You harmed me and stole 72 hours of my time restraining my trade. If I choose to purchase 3rd party toners I have every right to do so. The CFO will be hearing from me next week.

HP Recommended

Same problem with Color LaserJet M254dw, see https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Setup-Software-Drivers/Older-firmware-for-Color-LaserJet-M253d...

Though not possible to download older firmware from HP driver page.

HP Recommended

Yeah, this is ridiculous. HP you can't change something AFTER someone has bought it and owns it. If it was 'sold as HP toner only' that would be different, but part of agreeing to purchase involves supply choice and supply costs. You cannot change that AFTER a person already owns it!
Imagine buying a new car CD stereo and a year later, the manufacturer sneaks over to your car and changes it so now you can only use CD's from them, at 5x the price. No freaken way.
You MUST allow us to reset it to how it was when we bought it, that's how it was when we agreed to buy it and lay out our money.

HP Recommended

They deleted the link.  Can you try again?  Or post is somewhere else like a Facebook page?  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Yes please post it somewhere they can't get their fingers in and continue to screw up our printers. Somehow a law suit is seeming too mild a response now.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.