Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 6000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is a newly purchased and installed printer.

I go through setting it up, and get one or two prints out of it, and then it reports as being offline.  Printer has blue status light and wifi light on control panel as blue.  It is no longer accessible through the network to any windows or hp troubleshooting software.

On the printer itself, it will not respond to the control panel "i" button nor the off switch on the back of the printer.

The only way that I can clear it is to disconnect from power and reconnect.  But, it only operates for a few minutes before this happens again.

Daniel
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No reply except yours.  However, the problem went away after I left it alone for awhile.  Although the printer does not really tell you much about its status, I suspected that it might have been trying to update software.  Have not had a problem since.  

Daniel

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

did you get any help whatsoever from HP?  I would toss the printer into the trash .  Had I known of the problems with this printer, I'd never would have purchased it.  I depended on HP being a reliable company.

HP Recommended

No reply except yours.  However, the problem went away after I left it alone for awhile.  Although the printer does not really tell you much about its status, I suspected that it might have been trying to update software.  Have not had a problem since.  

Daniel
HP Recommended

someone else mentioned that the printer might shutdown because of software fixes being installed from HP to Mr. Printer.  I am an optimist and spend at minimum 2 hours a day trying to get the printer to stay on-line.  Today is Wednesday.  Two hours into it.  I need to look for football/soccer to calm my mind.

HP Recommended

Daniel, it is with great satisfaction to know the Magic of HP has sprinkled your printer with whatever magic dust it uses in the Technical Support system.

I look forward to a similar solution.  It would please me to refrain from walking from where I sit to where the printer holds Court.

Thanks for the update !  

jasmemphis ~

HP Recommended

Hello.  I am happy to say the printer is working at last !  I do not know what happened to bring the printer to life.  Someone suggested back a few days that the thought might be HP downloaded fixes for the problem.  I have no idea.  I am grateful for whatever whoever was responsible to restore my happiness.    I trust HP and will forever continue to use my HP printer with faith in HP.

Jolene / jasmemphis   🙂

HP Recommended

Same thing here.   The printer is working.  No done to the printer on my behalf.  Simply starting working.

HP Recommended

It seems everyone else's printer stopped going offline. But mine is still not fixed. I hope I can return it. 

HP Recommended

Mine hasn't either! It's really frustrating to find someone else have the same problem I have, see it marked as "solved," only to find it hasn't actually been solved. Mine is brand new, blue lights on, no error messages. Just decides it's offline and won't print the majority of times I try to use it. I used it earlier today, worked fine. Went to print again, nada. Nothing. Zilch. Nothing to reset, no messages to respond to. Just completely not there. What's the point in having a wireless printer if I have to get up to unplug it and replug it multiple times to get it to work? Am I able to return this if I tossed the box? I'm over it.

HP Recommended

You mean yours will work if you unplug it? I have to sometimes completely uninstall  it and reinstall, but I'll only get one page to print. It's cost me so much time and frustration. It should be a crime to sell this piece of expensive junk. I didn't return it in time not sure how you can get it fixed when nothing but robots will have a conversation with you. If you figure out a way to get the company to take responsibility for compensating us, meaning take the piece of crap back or fixing it, please post it here. I will do the same. 

Funny thing is, I bought the best printer and put it in storage while I was setting up my office. The next day it got stolen, I was desperate so I bought this one. So I'm out a lot for both printers since I didn't have renter's insurance. I figure the company knows there's a defect, but also knows most of us will just end up throwing it out and not take it to a higher level to demand they do something. That's how things usually work. Thanks for replying and I hope you can get a remedy for it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.