Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

The scanner finally functions but I can't print.  For a short while, before I got the scanner operating with the help of Elohi_NR the printer was on- line.  Have run lots of diagnostics since then but still says off -line. Ran Dell windows diagnostics and it says to contact network provider. It also up-dated a driver of some kind.  Am afraid to uninstall as at least the scanner is finally  working.  Can't use HB Smart App because need to retain the ability to scan to other formats such as tiff.  Had an internet person look at the situation and he couldn't remedy the situation.  I did  see a list of printers compatible with Windows 11 and this particular all in one was not on the list. Is that the problem?  I'm beginning to wonder if this new printer defective?   Or is it a windows 11 problem.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @JJ317,

I am happy to know that the issue has been resolved.  

I also appreciate your time and patience.

Feel free to ask your queries in the future

It was a pleasure assisting you. You have a good day ahead.

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @JJ317,

Welcome back to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

I see that, you are facing issues with Offline. 

Installation Software and Full/Basic Driver-Supports print and scan functionality only (1)

HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 EasyStart Printer Setup Software – Offline Use Only Click here and see if that works. Click here

Perform the following tasks in the order given. Use the printer after each task to see if the issue is resolved.

Restart devices

• Restart your computer or mobile device and the printer to clear any error states. If you are using a network printer, restart the router.
  • If your printer connects to a Wi-Fi network, disconnect your computer or mobile device from the network name (SSID), and then reconnect it to the same network name your printer is connected to.
  • If the printer is available and has a ready status, the issue is resolved. You do not need to continue troubleshooting.
  • Press the power button to turn off the printer. If the printer does not turn off, disconnect the power cord from the printer and from the power source.
  • Turn off the computer or mobile device that you are attempting to print from.
  • If the printer was set up on a network wirelessly or with an Ethernet cable, restart the router.
  • If necessary, reconnect the power cord to the printer and to a wall outlet, and then turn on the printer.
  • NOTE:
  • HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
  • Turn on the computer or mobile device.
  • If the printer connects to a network, check the connection to make sure the same network is used by the printer and the device.
  • Computer or mobile device: Open the list of available networks and make sure it is connected to the correct network.
  • Printer: Check the Wireless light on the control panel. If it is solid blue, the printer is connected.

Follow this article for further assistance. 

Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Elohi_NR,

Once again, thanks for your helpful reply.  I will copy your response in case I need to try your solutions.  After the internet guy left last Thurs. he had figured out the frequent reboot issue with my desktop computer and fixed that.  He tried several things to help get the off line printer to change to ready.  I told him I would go back to discussion and continue to seek another solution, but I was thinking Iwasn't going to be able to get this new printer to print.   Later Thurs., I tried running a windows diagnostic AGAIN which usually says it can't fix the issue  and surprise, surprise, it found an error and fixed it.  😲Printer now is on-line!   I have printed yesterday and today.  Sometimes it will say not ready but so far I have been able to set it to ready.   THANK YOU for your detailed response and help.  I will be making a copy of your response in case this becomes an issue again.   You more than deserve several thumbs up!! 

HP Recommended

Hi @JJ317,

I am happy to know that the issue has been resolved.  

I also appreciate your time and patience.

Feel free to ask your queries in the future

It was a pleasure assisting you. You have a good day ahead.

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.