Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hurrah!

Fixed it for me too.

Thanks to all who inputted to this matter!

HP Recommended

Thank you.  I should have checked here first. I uninstalled the Hp Printer Software and reinstalled it to no avail.  Deleting KB3132372 worked fine.

Mitchel

HP Recommended

Hi there,

The best solution for the Windows 10 Flash application failure that some people are seeing following Microsoft’s patch (KB 3132372) that was published around the end of 2015 (December 29th)

Run Windows Update (Settings, Update and Security) and check that the update KB3133431 is installed

If you are unclear if the update has been installed

1. Enter "View Installed Updates" in the Windows search bar. It will show an option in the Control Panel.
  2. Click on the shown option.
  3. Scroll down and check if "Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3133431)" is installed if not run Windows update

I hope this helps

JonW

I work for HP
HP Recommended

I've experienced this same problem. I removed only the Solution Center part of the printer installation and then reinstalled only that module again. I then removed the MS update referenced in this forum. Everything worked fine; HOWEVER, as also mentioned here, Windows reinstalls the update again. And I'm back to square one. It seems that -- until someone does something about resolving this issue -- you'd have to keep uninstalling the update before you use the Solution Center.

I also installed -- at the advice of someone in this forum -- the HP Scan & Capture app to use instead of Solution Center. It works okay for quick scanning but lacks important features of Solution Center and does not compare in usability.

HP Recommended

My update shows that the bad one was installed twice and the new one installed today.  I am surprised the original update is showing twice since I had removed it and hidden it with the Microsoft tool.  Oh well. That bad update corrupted my Sonos controller and WD My Cloud Smartware.  Today I reinstalled the Sonos App and after the update the Western Digital My Cloud started working.  It seems since downloading Windows 10 that I am always fixing something.  I bought this computer from HP in March 2013 and it was configured to be better.  It started with Windows 8 and then Windows 8.1 and now the worst one of all Windows 10.  Windows 8.1 has been missed.  I, also, miss XP.  I've never had but 3 brands of computer: AT&T (Dos days), Compaq, and then HP.  It is not the computer that is messed up.  It is Microsoft.

HP Recommended

No need to download the windows update show and hide tool now, since Microsoft has supposedly fixed everything.  You may need to reinstall your printer software since you have  manipulated things to overcome the Microsoft fiasco.

HP Recommended

Same issue. Uninstalled the Microsoft Security Update and HP Solution Center works once again.

HP Recommended

Thanks.

When I started the computer tody I found the new update which replaces the troublesome KB3132372 and solves the problem.

Unfortunately yesterday I took up a lot of HP support's time in which they ran a long diagnostic on my computer in an effort to solve the problem - all now unnecessary.

I would like to say how much I appreciate how much trouble HP Support went to in responding the problem.

LaurieV

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot, Rick37. This worked like a charm. I can finally use Solution Center again! -- And thanks to all of you  who added information (sandnurse, et al.). Even knowing others are having the same problem helps a bit -- at least we know it's not just our own computer that's messed up.

HP Recommended

Hi.

My problem is I upgraded from W7 to 10 and then installed Solution center for my old but trusty C7250 (ethernet connection). The printer works but Solution center starts then fails with the 'installation not complete' message. 

Windows update is up to date but kb3133431 is not showing as installed.

Since I have minimal software carried over from W7 I am thinking of doing a clean install and trying to load Solution Centre again.

A trick that works in W7 where you just add a duplicate printer doesnt work for me in 10.

Any suggestions please before I do the clean install?

Thanks to all.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.