Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

To Iceman2

My experience was that nothing worked including a clean install.  In fact I did that a number of times.  What I ended up doing was downoading an app called Scan and Capture.  I got it free at the Microsoft Store.  It does the job on basic scaning of a document or a photo.  Not near as good as the Solution Center. 

If anyone has found a way to get the Solution Center to work after upgrading to Windows 10 AND THEN  installing your printer including the Solution Center, please let everyone know. 

We have two other computers that had the printer software, including the Solution Center, installed prior to upgrading to Windows 10 and the Solution Center works fine on them

Sagola

HP Recommended

Sagola.

Interesting. So if I had it in W7 it might have worked. Some are saying it worked once, microsoft broke it then fixed it again. If only HP didnt rely on flash player there wouldnt be such a big mess.

Cheers

HP Recommended

Well. I got my W10 HP Solution centre working with a workaround on the W7 fix posted by under " HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete"

To recap, the W7 fix is as follows.

1, Go to All Programs

2, Select HP

3, Select the device folder for your printer (Officejet Pro, Photosmart C7200 series, or whatever)

4, Select "Add a device"

5, Follow the steps to add that device.

This process does a lot of handshaking with the printer and seems to fix whatever was broken in Solution Centre.

Now onto W10(Pro in my case)

First thing I noticed is that the HP folder isn't present under Programs. At least I couldnt find it.

My W10 workaround was to run the Solution Center installer program again. In my case still in the download folder.

After extracting it starts with a menu which includes an option to add a printer.

Follow the steps and add your printer again (you can delete the original at a later time).

Be patient it took about 10 minutes for the final screen to clear and display a finish button.

Using the HP install software does something that adding a printer through the control panel misses in respect of making the Solution centre work again. Smoke and mirrors !!

HP Recommended

@fatz2fly wrote:

This is ultimately a bad idea, as the security update patches known flaws in Windows 10.  I hope HP is working either independently, or with MS, to resolve this issue in a way that does not decrease security protection.

HP should update its software to remain compliant with Windows operating system. HP Solution Center is no longer available for download on HP's official software/driver list so that tells us all we need to know.

The only interface now available is the web based one when you click on the printer under devices and printers. Even the simple task bar ink level monitor is no longer available/ Windows 10 compatible.

In my opinion and in one word, pathetic.

HP Recommended

I found this file on the HP site which included Solution Center. It was under the C7200 series stuff and quite big, 288 M.

HP Photosmart C7200 C8100 series Full Feature Software and Drivers - PS_AIO_02_Net_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5.exe

Initially it said it failed to complete and I had to add the printer again using the software wizard before Sol Ctr started loading properly, same as in W7.

HP Recommended

I have the same software 'full feature pack'  installed on a PC and Laptop - both W10 64bit ... printer C410B  conected wirelessely.

Working on my PC, I print or scan ... and complete what I want to do.

I go to Laptop ... when I open HP Solution Center   - printer is shown as 'disconnected'  ... or go to direct print from an application and it is shown as 'off line'

Printing fails.

If I go to HP Solution Center    and select 'guided solution'  ... and then 'bring printer online'     it seems to work about 50% of the time.

However although it the prints the doc in the queue ... it still shows as disconnected - and next print will again fail.

Is there any setting or configuration chnages I can make to avoid having to do this ... whole point of going Wireless printing was to allow multiple devices to print.

If I truy the laptop first then teh same things happens when I go to the PC.

In another thread - I have been told HP Solution Center  is not compatible with W10   (even though is teh package on line)

What do we instakll instead to obtain all the features.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.