Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp 3830
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I installed my new HP 3830 and everything went well, then I assigned a password to

My printer for security reasons, now the printer does not recognize my password, after few tries it locked me out saying “you session is locked try later” . I know my password is correct and the printer screen shows the password, but I can not sign in to my printer, I use “admin” for user name.

I reinstalled the software but ran into same problem, asking me the printer password.  I read on this forum that the printer has to be set to default factory setting and be reinstall  again to fix this problem, I don’t  know how to set the printer to factory default setting. By the way printer does print both in wireless and USB connection.  Any help appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I don't know exactly how it worked , but I managed to do a factory default reset.  Give the printer a new password and all other problems with autendication stuff mysteriously went away.  The procedure  is  different from what you suggested, I will be happy to post it on your request. HP print and scan doctor  5.0 fixed the wireless connection problem .

I don't know how to Thank  for  all your help,  your are a great asset to this community    :generic:

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi @foxx74

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know how to reset the printer.

I’d love to help!

Follow the below steps to reset the network settings and remove the password.

1. On the printer, press and hold the power button.
  2. While pressing down the power button, press the Start Copy Black button two times, and then press the Cancel button three times.
  3. Release the power button.

The wireless light next to the wireless button should blink. Repeat these steps if the wireless light does not blink.

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply,  HP 3830 has only only one button which is power,  everything else is touch screen , I think you were thinking about a different model,  thank you again I am waiting to see if you have any other suggestion to do a factory reset.

HP Recommended

Hi @foxx74

Thank you for posting back.

Please let me know the exact model of your printer so that I can provide you a more accurate solution.

Meanwhile, you can reset the password by following below steps.

• Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address. 
  • Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer. 
  • Now go to the Security Tab - Administrative Settings.
  • Check for username and password and you can reset the password from here.

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I believe we are narrowing  down the problem, I followed the steps you suggested I got this eeror message,

"You are being redirected to a secure HTTPS-enabled version of this page.

Note: The web browser might display a message about the security certificate or connection being invalid. If so, follow the instructions to accept the certificate or connection."

It appears that my browse (Firefox)  refuses to estabilsh secure connection because of expired certificate issues. I used the

installation CD to setup the printer, do you think that might be the problem ? should I reinstall through HP web.

HP Recommended

Hi @foxx74

I appreciate your time and efforts.

I recommend you to try using a different browser and check (Chrome or Internet explorer).

Let me know how it goes.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for helping me, I tried both chrome and explorer, I get the same error message,

here is chrome

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from 192.168.0.6 (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

HP Recommended

Hi @foxx74

Please let me know the exact model of your printer so that I can provide you a more accurate solution.

Awaiting your reply!

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP Officejet 3830 All-in-one

Model Number SNPRH-1502

HP Recommended

Hi @foxx74

I am sending you a private message with instructions. Please perform the steps to reset the printer.

Let me know how it works and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.