Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Yes! The ebay ink I ordered from ebay got lost in the mail for like a week 🙄so I just finally got around to testing it this morning and it worked!   The ink I ordered from ebay says it expires in Jan 2019.  I printed a "best quality" print on normal printing paper and everything aligns again.  Thank you so much for the tip!  Now how do I get my refund from HP and Staples for this ink thats been manufactured wrong.... 🤔🤔

HP Recommended

@Kumar0307 the problem is the ink itself! It is manufactured wrong. Old expired ink works, but newly manufactured ink does not. I want a refund. Ugh this HP problem caused me so much stress, time, and money. 

HP Recommended

@Lynn01

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Sandytechy20, I'm having a shadow print issue as reported in https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/Shadow-printing/m-p/7789538/highlight/false#M891402
The issue started with a new black cartridge, produiced in malaysis and exp date Feb 2022, that fits the post from @Lynn01 and solution from @Jdre1

I'm wondering if the "appropriate team" in HP has worked out a solution for this issue, that appears to involve quite a large amount od customers since few months.
Hope to read soon from you.

HP Recommended

@Lynn01  "Now how do I get my refund from HP and Staples for this ink thats been manufactured wrong.... 🤔🤔""

Staples refunded my ink, after they sent we replacements for my 901 and 60 that I did not open,decided will be defective (from Malaysia exp 2022.)  I have to also send back the bad ink..Go to the Chat at Staples.   If you purchased from HP try  myhpsales@hp.com.

HP Recommended

@AndreaFav:  I wonder too.  I am sending my Malaysia ink back to Staples and I hope Staples has enough returns to contact HP.  They sell a few inks...There is a difference in the ink nozzles position, I have photos to post here later.

HP Recommended

@Jdre1  Yesterday I was able to return my bad staples ink to the store (I bought it from store) even though it had been opened. They gave me a refund no problem.  I'm still trying to get HP themselves though to refund me for the ink I bought from the HP website back in April, which I didn't test till a few weeks ago and started this whole thread.  They say they won't refund me because I ordered it more than 30 days ago, but the ink still has a warranty and is defective itself so I don't think this is very fair. People buy ink before they actually need it all the time. A replacement is not helpful because I assume it would have the same issue and I now have the working old ink anyways.

HP Recommended

I just confirmed with HP (since there was no simple refund option) they will send me a new cartridge, charge me initially, but then refund the amount. I do not have to return the defective cartridge. I guess I'll have to test if this one works within the 30 days.

HP Recommended

HP refunded me when I found my second cartridge was defective, I had to send it back to them with a Fedex label from HP. See what happens.  If made in Malaysia June 2022 date probably same result...

HP Recommended

After waiting over two weeks for the replacement cartridge to arrive, it also didn't work as it was a Malaysia June 2022 cartridge. When I called back this one didn't work, I was finally able to get a refund for my original cartridge, they did not ask me to mail it back. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.