Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have an Officejet 8600 and an 8610 and neither one will connect to wireless.  Here is what I've done so far:

1. Rebooted both printers (unplug while on, wait 60 seconds, plug back in).

2. Run wireless set up wizard, both printers find the network but neither can connect.

3. Have rebooted the router (2 laptops, 1 desktop, 4 iPad/iPhones are all connected with no issues) and tried the above two steps again.

4. Logged in to router and confirmed that MAC address filtering is NOT on.

5. Tried HP Print and Scan Doctor utility - couldn't connect to printer via wireless, tried the option to establish the wireless connection with USB cable - no luck.

I am out of ideas...other than new printers.  Please help!  

Thank you,

Melissa

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi Melissa,

May you recently changed your router? I would rather suspect a single network than 2 different printers to cause the same issue for both printers.

What is the router brand and model?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

It's a Verizon router and I've had it a couple of years now. 

Don't know if this matters, but we had some storms several days ago and lost power for a minute or two, and I don't think either printer has connect since.  Everything else reconnected without a hitch.

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem. Same model of printer (Officejet Pro 8610). Same Internet service (Verzion FiOS). But, no storms or power loss. Just woke up and the print won't connect after connecting just fine for years. Wireless Connection report says that there is a No Filtering FAIL, but I haven't made any changes to my router. I've tried everything I can find to get the printer to connect. I can connect to a wireless range extender that we use just fine, but no devices on connect to the regular network can find the printer there. Print also seems to connect just fine via USB, but even that connection wizard can't seem to get the printer connected to the wireless network.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue it started after I activated the SON update Verizon Fios sent out

HP Recommended

Hi,

I suggest ensuring your printer firmware is up to date and check if that may make any difference.

Officejet Pro 8600 (N911a):

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/ojp8600n911/OJP8600_N911a_1829A.exe

Officejet Pro 8610:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/ojp8710/OJP8610_1828A.exe

If that makes no difference, what Security Authentication is set for your router?

HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem with same printer and verizon.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue but I have a HP Laserjet Pro 251 and Verizon Fios.  It was connecting just fine the week before and now it will not.  I can connect if I turn off the security on the router.  My firmware is the latest it offers so what would be the next step.  Apparently it is something with Verizon.  

HP Recommended

My problem was fixed today by Verizon Fios support.  During an update for the router the SON Self-Organizing Network was enabled and it was blocking my printer.  I disabled it in the My Fios app and reconnected the printer and was able to establish a connection.  Just thought I would share to see if it might be the same.  

HP Recommended

Thanks for sharing this information, hope this may help others too!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.