Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

The solution mentioned above works, however the problem comes back after a couple of days. Printer works fine during the day, error code appears during the night

HP Recommended

Hi @MarcSimons,

I'd like to help!

1. Were you able to reset the printer successfully?
  2. What is the exact error code on your printer?
  3.  May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 with error msg of B305DFF9  Please help!

HP Recommended

Same problem here with HP OfficeJetPro 9023
Only unplugging from AC, replugging to Ac and then disconnecting both the wired and wireless networks keeps the blue screen from not appearing.
Once connected to the network it reappears within minutes 

HP Recommended

Hi @LBroskey, @IsaacB1,

I'd like to help!

We can perform a factory defaults on the printer to resolve the issue

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Cautiously optimistic that the factory default reset has fixed the problem. I reset on Tuesday and no blue screens for 48 hours whereas before it could be six a day.

HP Recommended

That's great! Happy to hear that.

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

Please click “Accepted Solution” on my public post if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

After reinstalling the software, I didn't have the network 9025 printer set as "default". Instead, my other HP printer connected directly to my PC via a USB port, was set as default. I set the network printer to default and have not gotten this blue screen in the last two days. I'll wait and see whether the problem has been solved. This 9025 printer has always been set as the default printer so perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling the software and re-setting the network 9025 printer as default  solved the problem. I'll know for sure after a week passes with no error!!!

HP Recommended

@Jim_Ch

Keep me posted with the results.

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

Printer has worked normally for 3 days with NO "blue-screen" errors. The solution, in my case, was to remove and completely uninstall the 9025 printer. I reinstalled the printer and software and reset the printer to "default". NOTE: When I removed and uninstalled the 9025 printer, my remaining non-network HP printer was set as "default". I didn't realize this, but apparently this caused the blue-screen error,  because after setting the 9025 network printer as default, I haven't had any problems and all is well!! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.