Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

This did not work. It did not let me complete the install. I got to the part to print a test page and it was unable to accomplish that task.

HP Recommended

Thanks, that worked and I was able to do the uninstall and install, and now the scanner works again which was the problem I was having (after the Mac update to 10.15.7 Catalina).

HP Recommended

Hi everyone I was able to reinstall the software. I can print but the Matterhorn and Framework pop ups continue.  Also I cannot uninstall. When I click on the option, it gives me an error message that some components are missing.  Very frustrating.  On the phone with Apple 3 hours....they were great but they insist this is an HP issue 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have this problem and when trying to complete the suggested solution, the HP Uninstaller processing bar does not progress from "Removing files. Please wait..."

Not sure what to do here but it's becoming a bit frustrating.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I also had to an install and the uninstall.  I then installed again, and no more HPPreProcessing or Matterhorn alerts!  Thank you, IronBadger!!!

HP Recommended

My "Uninstall HP Software is also grayed out." How do I do it?

HP Recommended

Look at the drop down menu as soon as you open Easy Start (before you click anything else) and Uninstall should be available. 

HP Recommended

Horrible, horrible. Just spent 2 hrs trying to sort this out. Why were we not warned about the update and problems that could arrive?

Anyway, went through your instructions and all went well until trying to uninstall my software through HP Easy Start.That did not work. So went to my applications and removed HP software that way. Then I was able to install the latest version. Thank you for your help.

PS. Printed a document and got the warning again. Maybe that will eventually go away.

HP Recommended

Thank you, I did the uninstall stuff and reinstalled and registered my HP Envy 5020 on my MacBook Air which is running on Catalina.  I think it's worked! 

HP Recommended

Here is how far I get with Easy Start:

Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 10.44.07 AM.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.