Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello I have problem with the DeskJet 460 printer. When I tried to install printer via USB or Bluetooth it install and get Driver is unavailable error and I can't print...

i tried to use windows update but it wont work..

I tried instruction from this forum: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Setup-Software-Drivers/Help-with-driver-for-HP-Deskjet-460-PLE...

and this https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Errors-or-Lights-Stuck-Print-Jobs/The-driver-is-unavailable/t...

and it still wont work.. pls help me

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @kuba_one,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

If you are having trouble finding the driver for your HP DeskJet 460 printer on your Windows 10 64-bit system, here are some steps you can take.

• Check HP's website: Go to the HP support website and search for your printer model. Look for the appropriate driver for your operating system and download it.
  • Use Windows Update: Sometimes, Windows Update will automatically detect and install the correct driver for your printer. Open the Windows Update settings and check for updates.
  • Use Device Manager: Open the Device Manager, expand the Printers category, and look for your HP DeskJet 460. Right-click on it and choose "Update driver" and then choose "Search automatically for updated driver software."
  • Use HP Printer Install Wizard: Download and run the HP Printer Install Wizard. It will automatically detect your printer and install the necessary drivers.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

None of these hints worked. Windows says that the driver is up to date and nothing else can be downloaded.. but the printer still did not work. On your website there is information that the drivers are already in windows - apparently something is wrong. Only manual installation of drivers that my colleague found somewhere on the web helped me. Unfortunately I can't post them here

HP Recommended

Hi @kuba_one,

Thank you for your response, 

Please help us with the laptop serial number or the product number on a private message for further assistance.

Here is the link to find the product number:- Click here

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.