Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 5030
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This printer has only printed 36 pages and has been a bit of a pain since new.  I have just put in two new cartridges, 65XL colour and 65 Black and both genuine, and now it prints with the beginning and end of some lines curled.  So the beginning of a line prints below the line and curves upward and the end of the line prints curling down.  There is no smear as the letters are complete but just curved.  Some lines will print correctly at the front of the line and curl down at the end and others will curl up at the front and ok at the end.  It is not a margin issue because the anomaly will appear on indents and short lines.  Any help with this one would be much appreciated.  Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Philip531, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• Which application are you trying to print from?
  • Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word, or Webpages and check if the issue persists?
  • Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Align the printer

1. On the printer control panel, swipe left on the display, and then touch Setup .

2. Touch Tools.

3. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Align Printer.

An alignment page prints.

4. Wait for the alignment page to fully eject from the printer.

5. After the alignment page prints, lift the scanner lid, place the alignment page with the print side down on the scanner glass. Position it according to the engraved guides around the glass.

Placing the alignment page on the scanner glass

6. Close the scanner lid, and then touch OK.

The printer aligns the ink cartridges.

7. Try to print again.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar0307

Not sure what happened but sent a reply but it came back with an authentication error.  Try again.  

Using Word 365 but also just tried printing a .pdf and it had the same problems.  Tried a copy and that was better but some lines were smudged.  Have realigned a few times with no improvement.

Cheers

Philip

HP Recommended

@Philip531

To resolve smears,

1. On the printer control panel, swipe left on the display, and then touch Setup .

2. Touch Tools.

3. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Clean Page Smears.

Use the HP Smart app to print and scan from your Win PC and check if this helps

Click here to download and know more about the app.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.