Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp 309a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my printer will print a test page on the hp doctor file but when i print any docs i get a blank page in word or adobe only

all updates done but problem continues

any help greatly appreciated thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @clydey,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you are having some issues with printing from your Windows 10 PC to your Photosmart Premium Printer. I can help you with that.

To start, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done:

1. If your printer is connected through a USB cable to your PC, remove it.
  2. Close all programs you have open.
  3. In your search bar type in printers and open Devices and Printers.
  4. Right-click on any icons of your printer listed.
  5. Click on Remove Device.
  6. Repeat for any other icons of your printer listed.
  7. If you removed the USB cable, connect it. If not, click on Add Printer and follow the prompts to add a print queue for your printer.

Please let me know if you are able to print after following the above. If you are, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey @clydey,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you are having some issues with printing from your Windows 10 PC to your Photosmart Premium Printer. I can help you with that.

To start, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done:

1. If your printer is connected through a USB cable to your PC, remove it.
  2. Close all programs you have open.
  3. In your search bar type in printers and open Devices and Printers.
  4. Right-click on any icons of your printer listed.
  5. Click on Remove Device.
  6. Repeat for any other icons of your printer listed.
  7. If you removed the USB cable, connect it. If not, click on Add Printer and follow the prompts to add a print queue for your printer.

Please let me know if you are able to print after following the above. If you are, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

excellent thank you very much.

i spent nearly a day on this problem and your solution took 5 mins at most to fix it

many mant thanks

HP Recommended

I have been searching for an answer to a similar problem, but unfortunately your solution didn't work for me.

I am using an HP deskjet 1010 and whislt it clearly prints, HTML pages i.e. web pages and gmail emails, It goes through the process of printing both Word and PDF files but in those cases all I get is blank pages.

I disconnected and reconnected the USB cable, removed the device from the Devices and printers option, uninstalled and reinstalled the software and the drivers, all to no avail.

I am not averse to buying a replacement "All in one printer", but as the current printer has printed web pages and also an alignement page clearly, I can't be sure it is a printer fault, and if it isn't will a replacmeent printer make any difference?

I am using Windows 10 home with the latest (I think) updates

Thanks

Flyingboy48

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.