Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
B209a-m
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Receive the message in the subject line when trying to connect my printer wirelessly during installation,  Not sure if it's related but it's after upgrading to Windows 10.

I am just a mom....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello there @CeeJaytheAKA!

Thanks for posting on the HP Forums!

I can see that you are unable to add the printer wirelessly.  I should be able to provide some suggestions that may resolve the issue.  Does Windows 10 recognise the printer when it is plugged in with a USB cable?  The wireless option should be available in Windows 10.  I was able to locate the full feature software and driver for your Photosmart B209a and Windows 10.  The first thing I recommend is to uninstall the HP software. After the uninstall is complete it would be a good idea to perform a disk cleanup in the computer. A disk cleanup will improve computer performance and clear temporary files that may cause issues during the install of software. Once the disk cleanup is complete you should restart the computer and re-install the HP software.

To uninstall HP software click here: Uninstalling HP Software

To perform a disk cleanup click here: Performing a Disk Cleanup (Says Windows 8.1 but same steps for 10)

To download the HP software click here: HP Photosmart B209a Full Feature Software and Driver

Please post back and let me know how it goes!

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello there @CeeJaytheAKA!

Thanks for posting on the HP Forums!

I can see that you are unable to add the printer wirelessly.  I should be able to provide some suggestions that may resolve the issue.  Does Windows 10 recognise the printer when it is plugged in with a USB cable?  The wireless option should be available in Windows 10.  I was able to locate the full feature software and driver for your Photosmart B209a and Windows 10.  The first thing I recommend is to uninstall the HP software. After the uninstall is complete it would be a good idea to perform a disk cleanup in the computer. A disk cleanup will improve computer performance and clear temporary files that may cause issues during the install of software. Once the disk cleanup is complete you should restart the computer and re-install the HP software.

To uninstall HP software click here: Uninstalling HP Software

To perform a disk cleanup click here: Performing a Disk Cleanup (Says Windows 8.1 but same steps for 10)

To download the HP software click here: HP Photosmart B209a Full Feature Software and Driver

Please post back and let me know how it goes!

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello

I have  been having this problem for quite some time now. 

I have used the windows 10 file for installation, and the printer is recognisable by the laptop via the USB, but when I try to use the USB to wireless or reconfigure the network device, this error comes up.

thanks

HP Recommended

Did you get this issue resolved? After a recent windows 10 update, solution centre has stopped working. When I try an reinstall, it trys top find a networked printer but can't. I am getting the same message about ther service not existing as an installed service. Any help would be appreciated as I've been trying to fix this for 3 days without luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.