Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5055

Printer will only print blank pages. I've tried all the step from a previous post but nothing has worked. It seems this is a trend with HP that at the 1 year mark their printers become paper weights. The only thing this makes me "Envy" of is a working printer. looks like it might be time to buy a new printer but won't be buying HP, all their printers seem to be cheap junk that's prone to failure. if anyone has any new ideas on how to fix the issue, i would appreciate the help. I would prefer not to have to buy another printer.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Ryno4 ,

Welcome to the HP Support-Community.

I am sorry to hear that you experiencing problems with your HP ENVY.

The good news is, in many cases you can resolve the situation by running some simple tricks on the cartridge. 😊

First of all, try this with the black cartridge:

Take a handkerchief and the cartridge. Now press it like a stamp on the handkerchief for about 2-3 seconds. You should see a strong, black colored strip. Is this the case?
If there is no or very little ink on the handkerchief, moisten the handkerchief slightly and press the cartridge again, this time for about 30 seconds on it, until more ink comes out.
Afterwards, re-insert the cartridge and run a cartridge clean, if necessary.

What is the result?

Cheers!

Nils_K

Did you get a solution to your question? Please mark it as solved.

Did a post help you? Please click on the "thumbs up", to show this and actively help others.

I don't work on behalf of HP. | HP Expert program 

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue. I can print from my phone but when I try to print it on my computer it prints out blanks. Printer is connected to wifi with my computer and only thing that changed recently was our internet provider/router. I've re-installed it few times too.

HP Recommended

@KarlME ,

Welcome to the HP Support-Community.

We'll figure the problem out. 😊

Are you also using the ENVY 5055?

Cheers!

Nils_K

Did a post help you? Please click on the "thumbs up", to show this and actively help others.

HP Recommended

HI Nils,

Thanks for the reply. Mine got resolved over the weekend. Thanks anyway!

HP Recommended

Hi,

@KarlME wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Mine got resolved over the weekend. Thanks anyway!

That is great news! 😊

If you have any questions in the future, you know where to find us. 😉

Cheers!

Nils

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.