Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
photosmart 210a
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,  I bought and installed a new printhead. It will print color but not black.  They were all new cartridges when the printhead went down.  the tools say all cartridges are full,  please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey there @LMACE!

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

I can see that your printer is not printing black after the printhead had been replaced.  I would be more then happy to provide some suggestions that may get things working again.  The first thing I suggest is to remove the cartridges and printhead from the printer and manually clean the electrical contacts on the printhead and in the printer.  It is possible ink has misted onto the copper contacts causing a poor connection when the new printhead was installed.  If the printhead is not getting a proper connection you may notice poor print quality and error messages on the printer. 

To manually clean the printhead in the Photosmart B210a click here:  Manually Cleaning the Printhead

Please post back and let me know how it goes!

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there @LMACE!

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

I can see that your printer is not printing black after the printhead had been replaced.  I would be more then happy to provide some suggestions that may get things working again.  The first thing I suggest is to remove the cartridges and printhead from the printer and manually clean the electrical contacts on the printhead and in the printer.  It is possible ink has misted onto the copper contacts causing a poor connection when the new printhead was installed.  If the printhead is not getting a proper connection you may notice poor print quality and error messages on the printer. 

To manually clean the printhead in the Photosmart B210a click here:  Manually Cleaning the Printhead

Please post back and let me know how it goes!

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

thank you!! it now prints in black as well!!!

HP Recommended

I've got an HP6500.  Replaced all cartridges and new print head. Cleaned all the contacts with distilled water and cloth and still will jot print in black. What else could be wrong?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.