Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Other

My printer is an HP Officejet 5018 all in one and my laptop is an Apple MacBook Pro. I can no longer scan using HP Easy Scan since I updated my operating system to OSX Big Sur 11.0.1 yesterday 14/November/2020

I can use Apple's native scanning package called "image capture" and I can scan with HP Smart. Neither is as good as Easy scan.

Is there a fix?

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

Same for me ! with macos BigSur

HP Recommended

I am also having same issue since the update.

It does not seem that the HP Customer service reps know how to fix this issue.

HP Recommended

I upgraded to my iMac OS to Big Sur version 11.0.1 a fews days ago.  I tried scan multiple pages on my HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 and it keeps crashing when I attempt to scan the second page.  Ended up having to scan and save each page as individual files.  Is there an Apple or HP solution?  Thanks! 

HP Recommended

Same here. First page scans, and then it crashes. 

HP Recommended

I have now discovered that I can scan using Apple Mac's Image Capture

HP Recommended

Dear Frosty24,

Use Apple's scanning utility called "Image Capture". You'll find it in "Applications" in every Mac. It takes a bit of getting used to but it does the job

Regards,

Patrick

HP Recommended

Same here. I booted up HP Easy Start to uninstall my HP products and set it up again to see if that would fix it, now I cant even re-install my printer, it wont show up when searching for it.

HP Recommended

Found a fix.

Uninstalled HP Software via HP Easy Start.

Be sure to download latest version of HP Easy Start, only released on November 12, 2020.

Reinstalled printer software and everything works as normal.

HP Recommended

Dear MikeP88,

I don't have HP EasyStart on my MacBook Pro. It is not in the App Store either. I recall that name. I suspect I may have had it on my old mid-2009 MacBook Pro which I stopped using mack in May when I bought a new one. The only packages I see in Appstore on a search for HP Easy Start are: HP Smart for Desktop and HP Easy Scan

It may be available from HP on their website. I'll do a bit of online research to see if there is any risk in downloading it from there.

Thanks for the tip

Regards,

Patrick

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.