cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
vcaston
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Officejet Pro 8715 Scan to email gets "general error"

HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8715
macOS 10.14 Mojave

My Officejet Pro 8715 gets a "general error" message when I try to scan to email, even though I can scan from my computer and print.

Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave)

I have checked the settings on the EWS and they are all correct and test fine.

I have tried resetting the network settings on the machine and the security.

I have tried removing the cartridges and unplugging the power cord from the printer and from the wall.

I have reinstalled the latest driver and rebooted my computer.

NOTHING WORKS.

3 REPLIES 3
B_Will
Level 6
587 577 37 54
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try turning off the security.

I have a 8715 and scan a lot to email without a problem.

The email I send to is in the Email Address Book, and I do not have any security.

Also see this post, it may help.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-and-Copying/HP-Officejet-Pro-8710-General-Error-unable... 

vcaston
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I went to the EWS site and turned off the SSL/TLS option and that seems to have done the trick.

Many, many, MANY thanks!

0 Kudos
B_Will
Level 6
587 577 37 54
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your Welcome.

Glad to be of help.

Have a Happy

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation