Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Yes, setting the date back works for me, even though flashplayer has been uninstalled. Wish I'd thought of that before uninstalling and reinstalling Solution Center and doing a System restore to a point before Jan1 (which did not work).

HP Recommended

I'm glad it's not just me.  I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver then if that doesn't work I'll try some of the other suggestions.  If nothing else I can use my husband's printer/scanner for scanning and just keep this one for printing.  

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

@Weatherby - I tried hpiscnapp.exe.  It interprets everything as a Picture (JPEG, BMP, TIFF, etc).  There's no option for a PDF.  

HP Recommended

That's because Flash Player is an obsolete software package. Try this workaround

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Setup-Software-Drivers/HP-Solution-Center-Adobe-Flash-Player-W...

HP Recommended

Found this app too but I wanted to OCR documents so I came up with this work around

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Setup-Software-Drivers/HP-Solution-Center-Adobe-Flash-Player-W...

HP Recommended

@critterskcb,

The hpiscnapp.exe executable takes a bunch of parameters to implement its different scanning features, as noted in this other thread: Re: HP Solution Center does not work - HP Support Community - 7933782. Apparently if you don't specify any parameters at all (e.g. you just double-click the file), then it defaults to scanning an image.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

As a key worker working from home and also now home-schooling my son, the loss of HP Solution Centre was a VERY unwelcome surprise this week.   I print and scan documents several times a day, every day.  For the Solution Centre to disappear with no warning at a time when a lot of people are working from home was pretty poor on HP's behalf.

HP Recommended

@PhillWarren wrote:

As a key worker working from home and also now home-schooling my son, the loss of HP Solution Centre was a VERY unwelcome surprise this week.   I print and scan documents several times a day, every day.  For the Solution Centre to disappear with no warning at a time when a lot of people are working from home was pretty poor on HP's behalf.

Hi PhillWarren,

I know this situation is extremely frustrating to say the least!  For a quick and dirty temporary solution to this problem, set your computer's date back to January 11th 2021 and it should work.  Maybe just do that for now whenever you need to scan and print, then set the date back to normal when you're done.   Adobe Flash stops working as of January 12 2021.

If you're on Windows 10, user @Jim412 has a solution that's been confirmed to work - https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Setup-Software-Drivers/HP-Solution-Center-Not-Working-probably...

Hope this helps!  Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.