Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart plus B210A
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

The black ink will not print on my printer.  I installed new ink and cleaned the  print heads.  I did a printer status report and only the color ink showed up.  The printer is recognizing the cartridge when I check for ink levels.  The first page after the cleaning came out very faint then nothing at all.  At first I thought the new black ink cartridge was defective.  So I replaced it with another new one - no difference.

The only change was that I installed all new cartridges when all the print became very faint.

Please help.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Fushing did not work , however we used a demo on Utube and did not use distlled water.  That could have been the problem. The printer is about 8 years old so we decided to get a new one.  Thank you so much for your help.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Good morning @QueeniebytheSea, and welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand your B210 printer is going through the motions, but there is no black ink on your printed output, and you have changed the cartridges a few times already. I'd like to help. Please begin with the steps in the following document: HP Photosmart Plus B210 Printers - Color or Black Ink Not Printing.

If you complete all of the steps in the document above and the issue continues, my own personal recommendation, not one of HPs, is to use the solution offered in the following video.  I only suggest doing this if the printer and printhead are out of warranty.  Hot Water Printhead Flush - HP Ink Series Printers with removable Printhead.

I have recommended this solution to others and have seen success, but I can not guarantee this will resolve the issue, it is an end of the line kind of effort. I hope it helps.

flushing it worked, Yeah!!!!!!! thanks for your help.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as Accepted Solution. If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos. 

Although the printer might be out of warranty, if the issue persists, I suggest calling phone support to see if you may be able to get a discount on a newer model. If however performing the recommended solutions resolves the issue please click Accept as Solution on this post so others can find what worked for you. If after all of our efforts the issue remains, I do suggest calling us. What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Fushing did not work , however we used a demo on Utube and did not use distlled water.  That could have been the problem. The printer is about 8 years old so we decided to get a new one.  Thank you so much for your help.

HP Recommended

Black ink won't print.  Used two new cartridges, neither work.  Color ink works.

HP Recommended

Hi @Judy751,

I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with no black printing. I will be glad to help you.

Did you follow the steps from the post HP Photosmart Plus B210 Printers - Color or Black Ink Not Printing.

If there is still a issue, please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I have the same problem on the 3520 printer with the black ink not printing.  This seems to be an HP problem since so many people have it.  Mine is not  removable but I tried cleaning it and no luck.  It seems as if the printer is not recognizing the black.  Colors are okay.  I tried a dozen times to clean using the HP utilitly and still no luck.  I sent a message to HP on their facebook page and will probably hear in a week what they think.

i tried the link to make a case but didn't see where to so that.

HP Recommended

Well, it's me again.  Finally talked with HP through the link you posted.  Customer service  rep ahd me try a few things, to no avail.  So they offered me a replacement at a reduced price.  Turns out it is $20 less than Best Buy, so I did that.

Again, thanks for helping everyone, this forum helped me.

HP Recommended

5510 e-All in One B111 series:  Black ink will not print......have taken it through the entire process recommended by HP..All ink levels showing good...

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.