Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Tango
iOS

Hello, I am recently started working from home and finally I am finally starting to use my Tango printer, but I cannot. I believe the setup cartridges were thrown away when I moved. I have fresh cartridges, but I cannot get past the setup since I am missing the setup cartridges. Someone please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Hobble1,

We would have to perform an OOBE reset on the printer to bypass the error

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
HP Recommended

Hello?

HP Recommended

Hi @DarkTides

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have sent you a private message with the steps to bypass the setup ink message which is specific to your printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I am having the same issue. I bought my new printer as a refurb from walmart.com less than a week ago but it did not come with setup ink cartridges. Can you assist me and help me get around this issue? 

HP Recommended

@kLk76

I have sent you a private message with the steps to bypass the setup ink message which is specific to your printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Thanks! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Same problem, but with a x576dw. All chat support told me was that it’s out of warranty. I knew that. But it was new in the box as of today and there are definitely no setup cartridges in there. There’s a way around this? Or can I purchase some? Thanks.

HP Recommended

Good Morning, 

I am having a similar issue with HP Officejet 4620. I was gifted this to use due to COVID19 work from home and do not have set up cartridges. Please help with a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you!!!

HP Recommended

Im missing setup cartridge and cat use my printer need help asap 

HP Recommended

Hello I have the same issue only my black set up cartridge does not communicate.

Need to bypass urgently have urgent documents to print 

Just bought a HP Officejet Pro 8022

Please advise Tx!

HP Recommended

I'm using the setup for HY ENVY Photo 7855 printer and it stops and tells me that I need to use the setup cartridge, yet I AM using the setup cartridges.  I bought the computer a few months ago but had not opened the box until today.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.