Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Can you help me too for reset the printer m28w please.

HP Recommended

Please could an HP staff member also message me the factory reset instructions? I've lost access to the admin console so can't do it that way however. Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @Harrys13 @Omnivoracity

I have sent you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Please could you provide Factory reset instructions for a Laserjet M28w.

Thank you

HP Recommended

@Omnivoracity Which printer do you have? Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

And @RDXS since you've mentioned the model name of the printer, I suggest you check my private message for steps on performing a full reset, the instructions are designed for your specific printer and if anyone with a different model would try the steps, it may render the printer unstable, hence a private message would be the safest way of sharing this information: Click here to know how the private message function works. 

Stand by for updates!

And have a good day.

(P.S: If anyone wants these instructions for their specific printers, please create a public post and tag me, I'll be happy to help).

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi! I tried more than 2 hours installing this printer wirelessly, but it looks impossible, it works only through USB cable. Could you send me the step by step to reset the factory defaults and then I'll try one more time to install it wirelessly?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Ajauri

Welcome to HP support community.

Provide the printer model number or the product number?

Which operating system is installed on the computer to which this printer is connected?

Reply with the requested information for more assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Can you please help me and send me instructions to do a factory reset of hp laserjet pro mfp m28w. I have switched router and can´t access the printer over wireless anymore.

Best Regards,

Karl

HP Recommended

Solved it: Press the wireless button over 20 seconds, until wireless LED button, attention LED and power button LED start blinking, then release  the wireless button. After that click the 'X' button.

HP Recommended
hi, is it possible to reset the printer blocked during firmware update? The printer is now locked with a flashing HP writing. I have already tried the suggested reset but it didn't work. Thank you Alfonso
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.