Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 6525 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Happy Friday! I have been having an issue the last couple weeks with my printer. I usually use the printer on a daily basis for school. I have had the printer for 1 1/2 to 2 years and haven't had a problem until now.

Here is a list of what I have tried so far:

• Aligned the printer
  • Cleaned the printheads
  • Restored Factory Defaults
  • Cleared the vents on the ink cartridges
  • Cleaned the screens between the cartridge and the printer

I have done all the steps that I have been able to find for troubleshooting on the internet. Is there something else I can do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @chawna,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are not able to print in black ink from your HP Photosmart 6525 e-All-in-One Printer. Thank you for including all of the troubleshooting steps you have already completed prior to reaching out for support.

Unfortunately, at this point, because you have already completed the troubleshooting steps listed here, the next step would be a hardware replacement as the Printhead system within your HP Photosmart is defective. The Printhead is the part that the cartridges fit into. It controls 'reading' the cartridges and putting ink on the page. If the Printhead is defective than the print system within your printer is defective. On this model of printer the Printhead system is a non-replaceable part.

I would strongly recommend reaching out to our Technical Support queue by phone to explore additional hardware options.

HP Technical Support can be reached at: 800-474-6836.

If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

HP Worldwide Contact

When you speak with the phone support agent please advise them of all the troubleshooting steps you have completed and the results of those steps.

I wish you luck going forward with this! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Hello @chawna,

I understand that you are not able to print in black ink from your HP Photosmart 6525 e-All-in-One Printer. Thank you for including all of the troubleshooting steps you have already completed prior to reaching out for support.

Unfortunately, at this point, because you have already completed the troubleshooting steps listed here, the next step would be a hardware replacement as the Printhead system within your HP Photosmart is defective. The Printhead is the part that the cartridges fit into. It controls 'reading' the cartridges and putting ink on the page. If the Printhead is defective than the print system within your printer is defective. On this model of printer the Printhead system is a non-replaceable part.

I would strongly recommend reaching out to our Technical Support queue by phone to explore additional hardware options.

HP Technical Support can be reached at: 800-474-6836.

If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

HP Worldwide Contact

When you speak with the phone support agent please advise them of all the troubleshooting steps you have completed and the results of those steps.

I wish you luck going forward with this! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I have been having the same problem.  I continually try to fix the problem, and as I do so, of course I keep using up all of my e(very expesive) ink cartridges.  I do not accept that the resolution is now that the printer is unfixable.  I have poured a lot of time and money into this equipment.  If that is indeed the case then I will never purchase HP again.  What a rip-off.  I want my money back, at least reimburse me for my ink!

HP Recommended

I agree with you! I have only had the printer a couple years and have a Costco set of ink for it. I can't believe that something as trivial as a broken printhead, which cannot be replaced, can be to blame. I cannot find a printer now, within my price range that takes the ink I alread have and I cannot take it back because most of it has been open. I just purchased a new HP laptop and would love to have reassurance that customer service is important.

HP Recommended

Hello @chawna and welcome to the thread @Rastfar,

I have brought both of your issues to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you both in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.

I tried cleaning the printhead, pulling out plugs, buying another cartridge (4 times because it was saying they are counterfeit)etc and finally I called tech support. 

They cannot help since it is a fixed printhead that you cannot remove. They did admit the ptoblem was the printhead and the printer has been discontinued: what about us, I asked.

They offer a "trade" for a revamped printer which is expensive, but I was agreeing to the deal just to have something that works.

My wife who was listening to me give in, stepped in and said we've only had this printer a year and half. We have used their printers for over 30 years and never anything like this. I don't trust them. Let's go to Sams and by another printer; never a HP again until they revert to the old company we know.

HP Recommended

Hello @Stevewondering,

I have brought your issue to the attention of the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

X-23

I am having the same issue. My HP Photosmart 6525 is less than two years old and I can't imagine the printhead system is defective. I would like someone from HP to contact me, as was offered in your replies to Chawa and others.

HP Recommended

Hey @HRH2,

Welcome to the thread! 🙂 

I have brought your issue to the attention of the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Strange this just started with my printer the other day, no black printing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.